Updating l 1a visa


If your company or employer believes that your new position qualifies you for a change of status to L1A, they must file a new Form I-129 Petition for Immigrant Worker with the USCIS.

Unlike the initial L-nonimmigrant petition that requires the filing of I-129S Blanket L Petition, only I-129 need be filed.

Speak with your employer about sponsoring the change of status.

You cannot change your nonimmigrant worker status on your own, it must be done by your employer.

Premium processing, in which the petition will be processed within 15 calendar days, is also available.

The terms “affiliate,” “parent,” and “subsidiary” are defined by immigration regulations, and not by their generic meaning.

The process for obtaining an L1 visa extension is very similar to the process involved with getting the initial L1 visa.

Essentially, your employer just needs to file a separate petition on your behalf before the departure date on your I-94 expires.

The US office must be a parent company, child company, or sister company to the foreign company.

If you are currently on an L1 Visa and wish to change to an H1B visa, the 1st step is to obtain an H1B sponsorship job offer with a US company that will apply and file your H1B visa application * individuals can not apply / file for their own H1B visa - only US sponsor companies can Save months of searching and experimenting For the quickest and easiest way to obtain H1B Jobs and Visa Sponsorship in the USA SAVE 0 Off Pro Elite - for L1 to H1B Transfer Jobs Green Card Sponsorship SAVE 0 Off H1B Announce - for L1 to H1B Transfer Jobs Plus 1 FREE H1B employers/sponsors database * Special Offer.

A worker is qualified for the L-1A visa if the person has worked for the foreign counterpart of the US organization for at least one of the past three years in an executive or managerial capacity.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!